Last Wednesday night at the Bankwest Stadium, junior middleweight contender Michael Zerafa confronted unbeaten Australian star Tim Tszyu in the aftermath of his first round blowout of Bowyn Morgan.
Zerafa has been out of the ring since last December, when he lost a decision in a dramatic fight with Jeff Horn. The contest was a rematch of their bout which took place just a few months earlier and saw Zerafa knock Horn out.
Tszyu, 26-years-old, is now rolling his eyes after it was recently revealed that Zerafa would face the comebacking Anthony Mundine on a date in March in Bendigo.
“This [fight with Bowyn] was a world title eliminator for me. So there’s only two names on the hit list right now. That’s (Brian) Castano and (Patrick) Teixeira,” Tszyu said.
“I want top five in the world. My manager has a plan for me. At the end of the day, he [Zerafa] just lost to Jeff Horn and he’s fighting Anthony Mundine. So he’s in his own little bubble.”
Mundine, 45-year-old, retired from the sport in December of 2019 after suffering a loss to John Wayne Parr.
“I’ve had a wonderful career.” Mundine said. “I thought I did enough to win but that’s boxing. I’m going to sail into the sunset now.
“I want to thank all the Australian public. Even if they didn’t support me or didn’t like my opinions, I always did my best.”
Zerafa, 28-years-old, is the much fresher fighter with a record of 27-4.
Despite his statements of calling it a day, Mundine reversed his retirement decision earlier this year when he told reporters: “I want to go out a winner and get one last victory.”
Noel Galang – Kamao TV